Get acquainted with Tinder, the dating app of choice for Aussie singles.
THIS may be embarrassing to admit in a public forum, but I feel it is my duty to let you all know that I recently came out of a fleeting romance.
It was differences in fundamental beliefs and clashes of narcissistic traits that led to the inevitable end of my brief but beautiful partnership. Heartbroken like a man left at the altar, I did what any self-respecting 20-something would do … I joined Tinder.
The global dating phenomenon is a location-based phone app that suggests people for you to connect with. From these suggestions you are given the choice to anonymously like or dislike their profiles and if they like you back, you can talk to them. This new-age dating app has many advantages for an eligible bachelor and being the good person that I am, I have decided to list them for you.
1. It’s an instant confidence booster when you match with a pretty girl. It doesn’t matter if you don’t hit it off after chatting because at least she thought you were handsome enough on face value.
2. The app syncs with your Facebook when you join, so you can rest easy that you are chatting to that 21-year-old babe and not a 58-year-old man.
3. If you are chatting with a 58-year-old man, you can at least respect his work ethic in setting up a fake Facebook account to play you on Tinder.
4. The app shows mutual friends you and your potential lady share, making it easy to run background checks with said friends.
5. You can see people you already know on Tinder, making that drunken move at the Mad Cow even easier.
6. You can have a one-on-one chat with your match and are not forced to compete with the 8:1 masses of men that swarm her out on the town.
7. It might seem weird to have met someone off the internet, but don’t forget at one stage internet shopping was laughed at.
8. You might actually meet the love of your life and live happily ever after.
In conclusion, I would like to remind all the single ladies of Townsville to keep an eye out for me on Tinder. I am the guy who went on a fishing expedition accompanied by his cat on a lead. You’ll know the photo.